Thursday, January 19, 2006

Acorn is the bane of my existence

I submitted my internet form to them over a week ago, and still no internet. I feel bad having to rely on my flatmates' computers, and for you, my dear readers, because by day's end, I get so frustrated that I don't have internet yet, that by the time I'm able to squeak on for a little, I have no desire to post anything of interest concerning my stay in London.

Anyway, here's a Cliff's Notes version: I'm loving London. My flatmates are great, my flat itself is awesome, and my classes (especially screenwriting) are really good. Just starting to get work now, so I'll have less free time, but still plenty of time to explore. No set plans for this weekend, but we're definitely going to do something on my list. The list of things I wanted to do in London, that I wrote while I was staying up with Ashley (til 5:30am) the night she left for winter break.

Weather has been mild, a lot warmer than NYC. Always above freezing. The other NYU kids, I guess you could say the normal ones, arrived yesterday, so there's been a lot more activity around our buildings, which I don't really like. Not because I'm becoming a Tisch snob, but because before it felt like we lived in an actual apartment building, and now with all these people who really don't know what they're doing, or where they're going, it feels more like a dorm. Well, at least I still have a balcony!

Oh, a little about the people in my screenwriting program. There's only 8 of us, 2 girls (myself included), 8 guys, two not from NYU. There are pretty cool, and I can't wait until we start reading and workshopping each other's writing. Oh, and at the end of the semester, the RADA kids are going to do a table reading of our scripts, with an audience present. And we have to direct them as well. That'll be interesting. I've never directed before. Okay, my flatmate probably wants her computer back, so for now...

Cheers.

2 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lot of people had sex on your balcony. I know.

-Hyun-

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Note: I'm pretending like I did not just read Hyun's post.

I am so excited that there is going to be a reading of your screenplay! You will be a fine director. You bossed me around all the time! Anyhoo, can't wait to read your new stuff - when you get internet you should e-mail me scenes :).
- Ashley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home