Monday, January 23, 2006

Celebrity Big Brother is addictive

It's like The Surreal Life, except people get evicted by audience votes. They're holding auditions for Big Brother 7 in London on 4th and 5th of March. We're thinking about going, just for the experience, and because we can stand out as silly, crass Americans.

Went to Portobello Road this weekend. It was really, really cool. For those of you that don't know, Portobello Road is this famous antiques, and well, everything market in Notting Hill. I bought my first London souvenir - a vintage, metal Piccadilly Road sign. Now I don't have to worry about stealing one off the side of a building in the middle of the night. If there is a middle of the night in London. Actually, the entire day of Sunday is like the middle of the night, because nothing but chain stores (like Starbuck's, McDonald's, and Subways) are open. So, basically nothing is open on Sundays. But, anyway, Portobello Road, it's really cool, and I'd recommend it to anyone if they're planning on visiting London.

It was nice not having to walk the 40 minutes to the ICA all weekend, but man, it made the walk feel even longer today. But I was able to cross something else off my list! After class, Willa and I went to Waterstone's Piccadilly, the largest bookstore in Europe. It was huge. 5 floors, plus loads of other stuff. We didn't have time to explore it all. My sister would get lost in there for ages and never come out. My mum wants to go when she comes for her visit in March. Of course, the largest bookstore in Europe didn't have the 2 books I was looking for. Books for my screenwriting class. Ah well, I'll find them later. There's another Waterstone's on Piccadilly. I remember seeing a Barnes & Noble somewhere, too. I think it was on Charing Cross Road, but I'm not sure.

Still don't have internet for my own computer, so I can't post any pictures, yet, but I promise I have loads to upload as soon as I can. Most will probably be put on facebook, but I'll put some really good ones here. I still think certain former, former ex-roommates should be on facebook, but it's hard to force someone to do something from over 3000 miles away.

Oh, we also went to the Duke of York pub this weekend, we being me and three other girls, Willa, Mimi, and Lisa. And it was very enjoyable until 4 40-something, slightly creepy British guys started hitting on us and tried to get us to go to this "party" down the street. We said we had to meet our dates and left. Luckily we had already finished our drinks. Next time we've decided to use fake names. Fake names are cool.

Oh, and some NYU kids tried to host a wine and cheese party the other day, and it was the most awkward thing in the world. Never trust Sternies to be able to start conversations. Very awkward, and very funny that it was so awkward.

Friday Willa and I are going to do something else on the list: the Sherlock Holmes Museum! It's only 6 quid, and neither of us have really anything to do on Friday, so it sounds like a good idea. Slowly and surely, items on the list are decreasing. Just wait, I'll get everything crossed off! Except Hyde Park Stables, because we did some research, and there are certain requirements to being able to use it, and we don't fit any of them. Oh well. We can at least visit it. I'll count that when I do it.

Hmmm...Any other adventures to report at the moment? Trying to think, trying to think, trying to think....No, I can't think of anything terribly interesting right now, but I hope this post was long and fulfilling enough.

And soon I best get some internet, fools.

Huzzah.

2 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! Now you too have falled for reality television. American Big Brother was my weakness for four summers. And now the torch has been passed. I feel elated.
-Ash

 
At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when I wrote "have falled" I meant "have fallen." How humiliating! Don't tell people my major!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home