Sunday, February 05, 2006

I hath found a good cinema!



My life here is now complete. It plays the major movies, is only a 15-20 minute walk away, and has a constant student price of 5.90 quid, no matter what time, or what movie. That's about $8-9, so it's the same price as home. As long as I remember my student ID. So, saw "Munich" today. I really loved it. Speilberg does amazing things with camera movement and angles, and I think he represented both sides of the issue fairly. Some may disagree, but that's why there's free speech. Should it win Best Pic? I don't know. I haven't seen Good Night, and Good Luck, or Brokeback Mountain. Capote I think was good because of Philip Seymour Hoffman, but the film itself was okay. What I would prefer to win would be Crash, but maybe that's just because I love the screenplay so much. This isn't my official prediction, so don't hold me to it. You know I pick what I think will win, not necessarily I want to win.

The cinema is actually in a nice shopping centre, with a Border's, Sainsbury's (grocery store), and some other things. It even had a woman dressed in Victorian garb playing a piano. Oh, England.

Family is going to call soon, so I better wrap this up. Classes tomorrow, and I have to figure out how to get a ticket to this show I have to see, that's in Baron's Court. Ugh. Why couldn't I have gotten a closer theatre?

2 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wanted to go into a little shop on Leather Lane and Clerkenwell. It was called "The Magic Shop," I think. I had a realization that there is a certain period of time where I look back at London with nostalgia. I'm actually really glad to be back. Do you grocer at Budgens? I need to make a Budgens facebook club. Oh, and, do get a tattoo at the "family business" tattoo parlor.
You missed the superbowl. However, the Steelers won.

Hope you miss American food! muhahahahahaha.

HYUNJUNGCHUN

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, don't you think it's about time for your platform 9.75 picture at King's Cross? Well. I threw away all your Chili b/c it expired last year and ate all your Ramen Noodles.
Did you resort to eating maggoty shrimp sandwiches yet?

I'm so positive.

Hyun

 

Post a Comment

<< Home