Thursday, February 02, 2006

Portraits! Portraits everywhere! They're all staring at me!

Coolest. Homework. Assignment. Ever. Doesn't matter that my end result completely and utterly stunk more than whatever is rotting at the back of our fridge. Roy sent us to the National Portrait Gallery! We were to go either last night, or this morning before class, and since I had the play last night I had to go this morning. We had to find two portraits that we liked, and write a scene for them. They didn't have to be talking portraits, we just had to be inspired by the people in them. So I only had a few hours to do this, and my scene sucked, but it was still really cool to stroll around the museum with an actual purpose. Using the city as my homework.

There were art students sketching things everywhere, and they always regarded me with a funny look because I was writing, but not sketching. How dare I use a pen! Where were my pencil and sketch paper? Why the hell are you writing a screenplay in a portrait gallery? Or maybe that's just what I thought they were thinking. I could just be completely paranoid. We all know this is true.

Big casting news is out for Order of the Phoenix. Harry Potter 5 for all of you who aren't cool enough to know that. Luna Lovegood is some 14 year old blonde girl from Ireland who went to the open casting call the other week in London. WB actually released a picture, too. For Cho Chang they tried to keep her hidden for awhile. Imelda Staunton is officially Dolores Umbridge. Oh, that'll be fun. She'll get to be the most hated HP character ever! I hope she knows what she's in for. Tonks is little known British actress Natalia Tena, and Bellatrix Lestrange is another Brit, Helen McCrory. Of course they're all British. You have to be to be in HP. Legally. The producers refuse to take anyone who isn't. Oh, and the one person I haven't seen a picture for is Kathryn Hunter, who'll play Mrs. Figg. But, just knowing that Mrs. Figg wasn't cut makes me even more optimistic about the film. I know they'll have to cut a lot, but I'm glad they didn't cut her, or my favorite seen, "Snape's Worst Memory."

Tomorrow, tomorrow. Many things I want to do, but I don't know if I can time them right. I want to see if my package has arrived at the academic center. I also need to cash my traveler's cheques at the American Express store so that I have money. I don't want to withdrawal any until I've used all those first. I also want to see Munich, and the rates are cheaper if you go before a certain time. But I'd have to cash my money first. It's all a matter if I can get up early enough.

I'm going to make my Oscar predictions (who'll I think will win, not necessarily who I want to win) but that'll be a later post. I need to think about it first.

For now, there is a pint of Ben and Jerry's in the fridge, calling my name...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home