Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Travel Plans!!

With the end of the semester fast approaching, yeah it's still only February, but February's almost over and it just started! Where the heck did it go? Ahhh! So, with the end of the semester fast approaching, I decided it was time to get my butt in gear when it comes to traveling around. So, Stacy is coming from Paris March 23-26, my birthday weekend!! Heck yeah! It'll be good to see at least one friend from home. And about half an hour ago, I just booked my Eurostar train ride to Paris. Oo la la! I'll be there March 31 - April 2. Sweetness. Now I just need to figure out how to take the Parisian subway to get to Stacy. We'll see how rusty my French skills are. Oui.

I also talked to Claire from good old Bear Creek Camp! And I'm going to visit her in Manchester at some point. Either March 17-19, April 7-9, or 21-23, whatever she tells me works best for her. Exciting! I can take a train right from London into Manchester. The rail service is awesome. So I'll be going to Manchester! To hang out with real British people! Woot.

And here's the piece de resistance (see the French there, huh? huh?): I'm going to go to SCOTLAND! Wait, wait - by myself! (most likely). So, this might not seem like a big deal, since I'm also going to Paris and Manchester by myself, but the difference there is that Once I get there, I have people I'll be meeting. People I know. When I go to Scotland, it's just gonna be me. Me and me alone. Whoaness. I'm going to go over Easter break. Here's the plan: take a train from London into Edinburgh, check into a hotel. Yeah, my mom told me that if I didn't want to stay in a hostel by myself, since I don't know if it'll be a creepy one or not, that I should just book a hotel. So, Friday I'll be checking into my hotel sometime in the afternoon. Check out Edinburgh Castle, and the stuff around. I'll buy a good map in London before I go. Then on Saturday I'm starting a 2-day mini-bus tour with Rabbies Highland Tours. A very reputable company. The tour takes me up through Loch Ness to Inverness, where we spend the night. Then it brings us back down the other side of Scotland back to Edinburgh. I'll get to see the castle they used for Monty Python and the Holy Grail! Since the tour gets back around 7:30-8pm on Sunday, I'm going to check into a hotel again, probably the same one, and spend another night. Then, take the train back to London sometime on Monday.

I haven't booked Scotland yet, but I will soon. I'm so excited to do it by myself. I even checked with my mom, and she said go for it! After she checked out the mini-bus tour website. I've never traveled like that by myself before, so it's going to be awesome. And it's not some scary third world country I'm backpacking through, it's a train to Scotland where I meet up with a tour.

So those are my travel plans for the rest of the semester. Those are all the places I wanted to go (plus Ireland, which I'm doing with me mum), so when the semester is over I hope I'll have a nice sense of fulfillment that I saw everything I wanted to see.

Now to continue with stuff on the London list...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home