Sunday, March 26, 2006

Cheese, Gromit!!

So, Stacy got the whirlwind tour of London! But it was great seeing someone from home, and next week - Paris! Stacy got here Thursday night, and we got dinner at Sofra on Exmouth Market, then went to Filthy McNasty's. And got carded. Go figure. But I introduced Stacy to Strongbow, and we have another convert.

Friday, we got up and went to Trafalgar Square, Parliament, and Big Ben, and did the tour of Westminster Abbey. Then we walked through St. James Park to Buckingham Palace, and from their to Harrod's. Which is ginormous, to say the least, and got a little stuffed bear, and a tote bag type thing, with dogs on it. Cause dogs are awesome. And they have a pet store at Harrod's, that had a litter of Shiz Tsu puppies in it. I don't even want to know how much they cost, but they were absolutely adorable. Then we did a little bit of Hyde Park, and took the tube home. That night we went to The Cove Bar in Covent Garden, the pirate one from St. Paddy's Day. And we even got seats on the balcony, which were nice until it started to rain. And a thirtysomething IT guy tried to pick up Mimi. Before we left, we got pasties downstairs, and it was Stacy's first pasty, so that was exciting.

Saturday, oh yeah, it was my birthday. Thanks to everyone for all the facebook messages and e-cards and such! It was awesome saying I had all these new messages, that were all, so and so has written on your wall. Anyway, the day started off with the Tower of London! And it was sunny and warm out, which was awesome. We did the guided Yeoman tour, and the guy was awesome. Then we looked at the Crown Jewels (uhm, do you think the Queen will let me borrow that solid gold punch bowl the size of my bed sometime? Maybe?) And walked through the White Tower. When we left the white tower, the sun and blue skies were gone, but we got home before any rain.

Made some Ramen for lunch, to save money, and my mommy called and I talked to her for a little. Then we went to the British Museum and saw the Rosetta Stone, lots of mummies, and Chinese stuff. And I bought a shirt. And I think I'll wear it on the plane ride home, cause it's a great shirt. After the museum, we went to check my mail, and I had 4 things. A letter from mom (not a birthday one, that didn't get here yet), a card from a family friend, a card from Lindsey, and a balloon box package from Miss Ashley Adamson! It was raining at this point, and we walked back in the rain, but I had brought a plastic bag for my mail, so it was all good.

My sister sent me a $25 Starbuck's Card, which she was told, you can use anywhere in the world, so I'll have to check with my local establishment. But if it does work, that'll be awesome, especially with papers coming up. And from Ashley I got - 5 packs of delicious Ramen, American Pringles (which do taste different than British pringles), a box of Reese's peanut butter cup cookies (which I've never had before, but are absolutely amazing, especially if people who aren't me don't eat them), and.......................WALLACE & GROMIT: THE CURSE OF THE WERE-RABBIT on DVD!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how she knew I've been wanting to buy that so badly, almost as badly as wanting to buy Harry Potter, but my mom's getting me that as my coming home present. I was soooo happy. Wallace & Gromit are the coolest claymation in the entire world.

After I went through my mail, Stacy, Mimi, and I went to Ye Olde Chesire Cheese for dinner. It's a really, really old pub. And it was awesome. Not touristy or cheesey (haha, get it? get it?) at all. And we all ended up getting the same thing - fish and chips, and a pint of the alpine lager. Or was it ale? Anyway, the pub only serves their own brews, but the Alpine stuff was really good. One of the best light beers I've had. And I did take a picture of my first drink as a 21 year old.

Then we came home, and most people were going to this housewarming party for this british guy they met at the BBC. And Stacy and I stayed home, and ate lots of junk food and watched Wallace and Gromit.

And that was my birthday.

Today I'm going to relax and work on the screenplay, if I get around to it, which I should.

2 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really, you never had a Reese's cup before? And, I'm the immigrant?

-hyun jung chun (say it 3 times while dropping a coin down the stairs for your own amusement. no, i have no dignity anymore.)

 
At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday for Saturday, so how does it feel now your 21.
It sounds like your having an awesome time in London, if you get time then your welcome to stay and visit Liverpool with me.

Love ya hun, hugs

Claire xxxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home